Wednesday, September 27, 2006

July 29, 2006
Wow, I think I am on the right track with Drew's Closet! Drew's Closet is no longer an online retail business, God has turned it into a ministry! Today I met a single mother of two children named Jamie. She has a 2 year old little girl and a 2 month old little boy. My friend found her on Craigslist looking for clothes for her children. I contacted her yesterday and was able to meet her today. She came by the house and "shopped" for some new cloths for her children. She was so happy and excited! I was able to invite her to church and gave her my info incase she needs a friend to talk with! Drew was also there and able to watch us give away clothes for someone in need. I pray he will grow to be a man of generosity and humility. How cool, God is so good! Please pray for Jamie's salvation and freedom that can only be found in Christ.

Next, I received an e-mail from my Mom's group at church, there is a 17 year old pregnant girl in need of baby things. I don't know much about her, but I send over my phone number. Please pray for her salvation and that the gifts we give would open her heart to the Lord. How wonderful to be able to bless others - I've been smiling all day!

July 27, 2006
Drew's new word today was "...is it?" (he can't say what ) He now points to items in books and around the house and wants to know what things are called. It is so cute. He even said it when the door bell rang, he wanted to know who was at the door. Too cute!
Please pray, I have really been thinking about all these clothes I have around the house. The plan for Drew's Closet isn't working out so well. So, I've been praying about what to do with all these clothes. I love to give them away to friends and such, but there are too many now to just give to friends. So... God laid on my heart to adopt some families that are in need. Our church has a long term project in Haltom City where they feed and cloth families in need, they also provide a lot more, if your interested you can visit http://www.northwoodchurch.org/v2/glocal.htm
I spoke with the person at the church in charge of the program and he thought adopting a few families was a great idea! He will call me back with the information on our first family. We are going to start slow, with only one family, and then see where it goes from there. I am so excited. I will be able to bring Drew and the two of us will be able to meet some of the needs of this family. Once John graduates, he gets to join in on all the fun too! We will be clothing the children for school and hopefully meeting a few times a month with parents to pray and encourage them. I am very excited to see how God is going to use us. So, please pray for the unknown family that we will be serving in the name of Christ! Please pray that I will be a help and not a hinderance to Christ. I am so excited that Drew will be able to come and I can start to plant little seeds of service into his heart.
July 24, 2006
I am 18 Months Old! I can't believe how much I am learning. Today I said a few new words " vacuum" which sounds like "a ume" and "eat it." I also said the word "ouch" when mommy dropped a toy on her foot today. I have learned to climb too! I am now climbing on all the furniture and chairs. I can even get onto the computer and type like a big boy. Daddy has to watch out and save all his work, I haven?t mastered not deleting things! Mommy and Daddy are hoping that I will start to talk soon; they are making me say certain words like "please" and not letting me whine for things that I want. So far I am still very content to point and jabber in my foreign tongue.
I have been a very good boy! Mommy took me to the Botanic Gardens this Saturday to have my first photo shoot. Mommy had so much fun taking pictures of me. Aunt Julie also had her bridal portraits taken, I can't wait for everyone to see them! They turned out so beautiful. Everyone here is getting ready for Julie's big day! Mommy ordered my little tux for the wedding last week. She can't wait to get pictures of me wearing it.
Oh, mommy was bitten by a spider yesterday and had to go to the doctor. She is on antibiotics for the infection . She was so glad it was her and not me. Daddy called the pest company today and set up a new contract so they can kill all the icky spiders and bugs in our house. Mommy is also glad because the ants have been eating the roots on her vinca, killing them in the process. Hopefully the spray will help the plants to stay beautiful.
Daddy is still studying. This term is by far his worst yet. He is putting in about 40 hours of work at Home Depot, and about 65 hours a week of school. Doing the math you can see that there is no time for anything else. Poor Daddy, I really miss playing with him. Only a few more weeks and these two classes will be over. His next and final term should not be quite so hard!
Love,
Drew

No comments: