Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 30, 2006
Drew is turning into such a gentle little boy. He can now pet the kitties and pet mommy on the face! We have been working on these for a few weeks and I think he has finally gotten it down. Drew has a few new words - Ugh oh, ok, & hi. He actually uses them all in context too! This week Drew went to the pool to swim twice and to the park on Memorial Day. He had so much fun running from one activity to the next. On Monday we met Daddy at the Southlake Town Center for lunch and played in the fountain. Drew has finally gotten over his diaper rash/burn. We are very thankful that he is once again sleeping through the night! Poor Drew, while he was on antibiotics he slept 14 hours a night and had a 3 hour nap during the day. The drugs just wiped him out. Drew is very active, he runs everywhere in the house. Drew's favorite toys are his tricycle and his puppy. He loves to chase around his giant balls too!
Drew & Mommy went to the baseball game last week. We watched the Rangers beat the Angels. Drew loved all the people and food! We had great seats thanks to our friend Shannon!
Oh, Drew threw his training potty down the stairs! We have the potty sitting in the bathroom just incase Drew turns into a genius and decides to take off his diaper and go potty! Really, Drew loves to play with it and sit on it. Well, the other day I was playing with Drew in his room and Drew ran into the bathroom, I didn't think much of it until I heard a loud thud...thud...thud.... I ran over to the stairs thinking Drew fell down them, I was so relieved that all I could do was laugh. We had a discussion on how throwing things down the stairs is not ok!
I went to a Creative Memories Event on Friday night for a 6 hour scrap! I had so much fun and organized all of my stuff. I have a lot of scrapbooking supplies, I just need to make the time to use them more often. Drew stayed with his Nana that night - it was their last night together for 3 weeks. Nana is now in Oregon visiting everyone! We really miss her but know she is having fun with all her friends.
John is still working on his degree at Ottawa University - only 4 more months till graduation. In John's free time he has been working in the yard, cleaning his garage, and building me planter boxes in the back yard. We are keeping busy this summer! My tomatoes are already ripe and the watermelon is just starting to produce fruit. Life around the Williams house is very peaceful and serene. I can't remember the last time we didn't have a major event going on. It really is nice!
John can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks! He will be flying home to see his brother who is returning from Afghanistan . John is going to have so much fun playing with the guys and seeing his family. I am very excited for him. We contemplated sending Drew along with him, but I just couldn't see myself separated from both of my boys for a week. Plus, I would worry about Drew the whole time we were apart. After a lot of prayer John made the decision to leave Drew in Texas .
We can't wait to see everyone in August for Julie and Ruben's wedding! John, Mom, Drew and I helped Julie move into her first apartment a few weeks ago! We are so proud of her for graduating and for picking such a great guy to marry. Only 12 weeks to go until they tie the knott!
Love,
Melissa

No comments: