Sunday, May 14, 2006

May 14, 2006

What an honor to be called a mom and Shepard the next generation. The job of a mother is a high calling that requires 24 hour participation. I thought the business world had a lot of challenges, but nothing compares to the job of being a mother. I believe our society puts very little emphasis on the value of mothers - after all changing diapers, whipping noses, entertaining children all day long doesn't take a masters degree from a college. However, the monotonous work of a mother impacts the society in which we live more than any company or institution. If you trace the breakdown of any society it always preceded the breakdown of the family. So on this Mothers day, I challenge all mom's to discipline your life so that your family comes first. For me it means putting down the dirty dishes and vacuum, sitting next to Drew and reading him books, or playing with his trains. He loves nothing more than to receive one on one intentional time with me. This is so hard for me as I look around my messy house or my long to do list. It helps to remind myself that Drew probably won't remember how clean our home was, or how many toys we gave him. What he will remember is the memories that we made together. Hopefully, I will be blessed with a son who loves the Lord and raises the next generation to Honor God.

I have been studying in Proverbs 31: 26-31 (below) on this Mothers Day. I pray that my child will rise to call me blessed someday! I am very blessed to have a husband who gives me praises of affirmation on a continual basis. John is such a wonderful husband!
26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


Love,
Melissa

No comments: