Wednesday, February 22, 2006

January 22, 2006

Hi everyone! Mommy has been swamped with work this week so she is letting me write the weekly entry. Lets see where I should begin - this past weekend I celebrated my 1 st Birthday! Aunt Julie, Uncle Ruben, Aunt Sherri and my Nana were all present. I really made out in the gift area :

Mommy & Daddy - Baby Tad Leap Frog
Fletcher Family - Baby Gap sweatshirt and popper
Aunt Julie & Uncle Ruben - Parents School Bus
Nana - Parents IPOD and Parents cellular phone

I can't believe all the toys I received! Daddy already broke one of them though. Today he threw my Baby Tad up in the air and missed it coming back down. The toy started playing this horrible noise and wouldn't stop. Mommy was so mad. Daddy exchanged the toy today at Target and had to give the cashiers a lesson on how to make him stop playing. It was so funny! When we left the store we could still hear the people trying to shut the toy off. Oops. I am especially fond of my "popper" and make a lot of noise all over the house. My real birthday is this Tuesday - mommy will be getting me another cake for pictures! I loved my last one. You can see lots of pictures of it all over my face on the photo's page.

Aunt Julie left this week to return back to school. She only has one more semester before she graduates. I am so proud of her! I am a little disappointed in her though - she and Uncle Ruben are going to live in Oklahoma after they are married on August 19 th. I was really hoping they would live closer. Aunt Julie and Mommy worked on Julie's save the date cards so if you didn't get one call Aunt Julie and complain! The picture of the two of them is really pretty.

Mommy has been super busy with work these past few weeks. It is month and year end for her company so she has been swamped. The next two days she is leaving me in Daddy's capable hands while she takes a seminar for work. I really hope Daddy can handle my for two days! Mommy has also been prepping her garden for this coming Spring! The weather has been so nice that many of her flowers are starting to bloom. She has also been enjoying her Saturday morning routines! On Saturday morning I get to play with Daddy while mommy sleeps in. Then she leaves the house for morning coffee and heads over to the Goodwill. There she has been finding all kinds of bargains! I now have so many name brand clothes that mommy now buys baby clothes for the Pregnancy center and other friends who enjoy little surprises. She is having way too much fun! Now whenever we are shopping she can't pay even the sale price for things - it still seems to expensive campared to 1.99 at the Goodwill. This past weekend she came home with a car seat for my trip to Oregon and a girly crib set that she wants to keep in hopes of someday having a girl. She paid only 5.00 for the name brand set.
Daddy has been busy as well. Mommy watched me all this week because Daddy had to work. He has just finished his training at Home Depot and will officially start on the 25 th of January. In his free time he has been studying and writing papers. I don't see him as much as I use to and that makes me sad and grumpy. Mommy says there is a point in time where baby's discover that they are not attached physically and emotionally to their Mommy, but are independent people. There is also a point for boys where they discover that there is a difference between the sexes and little boys will draw closer to their Daddys. While my Daddy wasn't working for a few months I discovered all of these changes. I now want to be more like my daddy, I followed him everywhere and looked to him for guidance. Now that he has been busier this week I have been very crabby and unhappy that he hasn't been able to play with me every second. I have also started to have temper tantrums and scream this week. It is not a pretty sight! Mommy doesn't know what comes over her sweet little boy. It is a good thing Mommy, Nana, Daddy, and Aunt Sherri went to see Dr. Kevin Leman at our church last weekend. Kevin Leman did a parenting series and it was very good - so I heard, I was playing in the nursery. Now when I have a fit Mommy and Daddy either walk out of the room or put me in my Pack and Play until I am done with my fit. It isn't any fun to have a fit if no one is there to give me attention! Mommy and Daddy also took a marriage class with him. They have been especially sweet to each other and really enjoyed his class. They have said his book Sheet Music is a must for all married people!
Well, I best be going off to bed. Oh, take a look at my puddle pictures. I found the one puddle in Texas and sat in it. While I was there Mommy thought that it might be a good idea to pray for rain - since we are in a drought. Guess what! We had thunder storms last night, they woke me up, and it poured buckets all day!

Love,
Drew

No comments: