Tuesday, February 14, 2006

February 14, 2006
We just wanted to tell you all that we love you and can't wait to see you in a few days.

Drew's little personality has really started to blossom this week! He has started to talk a lot more. Instead of whining about what he wants, he is trying to communicate more verbally. Today he walked right over to me and said "up". I couldn't believe it. He can also say Ma Ma, Da Da, Nana, Up, & Hi. He also says "gegegege" every time I change his diaper, but I can't figure out what he thinks he is saying. We are working on down, gma & gpa, please, and milk. Oh, today we had a huge breakthrough, instead of whining and crying for milk, he actually got his cup out of "his" drawer and brought it over to me while looking at me straight in the eyes. WOW! I was quite proud of the little man. God has truly blessed us with a well mannered little boy.

I can't believe how much energy this little guy has, he sleeps about 16 hours a day to make up for all his activity (13 hours at night, and two 1 1/2-2 hour naps). John exhausts him most mornings by playing with him in the garage! They listen to books on tape and John works on projects. Drew walks around like he owns the place reorganizing everything that is below 2 feet.
The pictures that are attached were taken today. The weather was so beautiful and sunny that I couldn't resist. I took Drew to the side of the house where my "Oregon" grass is thriving. It is the only green lawn on the street and every time I am out watering my plants it reminds me of home.

We will see you in a few more days!

Love,
John, Drew and Melissa

No comments: