Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Hospital Stay December 10th -15th



December 25th - Its Christmas, I was allowed to leave the hospital for a few hours. Don't tell anyone, its a secret! I was able to go home and put my feet up on the couch, cuddle with my cats and enjoy opening presents with John's family. It was a special day with loads of snow! I bet Drew will love snow when he gets older!


December 15th - Drew was put on the ultra sound today and weighed in at 3 pounds 4oz. He is very healthy, but just a little tired from mommy's ordeal. It has been confirmed that I will be staying in the hospital until I am 34 weeks along. That seems like forever to me right now. John has been such a servant through this whole ordeal. I finally told him to go home and get good nights sleep - I will be spending my first night in the hospital alone. Well, I guess I am not really alone, little Drew keeps rolling and kicking tonight, reminding me that he is here too! The Lord has been ever present as well reminding me to take it one day at a time.

December 14th - I thought I contracted the flue last night only to discover this morning that I have a full blown kidney infection. My fever was at 103 degrees and my pulse rate was at 120-145 bpm. I am wondering what else can go terrible wrong! I was put on a cold water mattress for the night to bring my fever down. John spent the night and once again was the perfect support I needed. Since my fever was so high the baby slept all night long, his heart rate never changed. I have an ultra sound in the morning to make sure everything is OK.

December 11th - The contractions returned and do not appear to be stopping. I am being put back on the magnesium, but this time for 3 days. It looks like I will not be going home tomorrow. In fact there is a chance I will be staying for many weeks. I can't think that far ahead right now. The good news is John's mother Patti will be arriving next week to help out around the house and keep me company while I am on bed rest. God has been so good to provide family and friends for support.

December 10th - I was taken off the magnesium today and we are praying that my contractions do not return. A friend from church came and visited me, she gave me a manicure and visited for most of the day. My friend Jenny brought over some poster  boards that her children decorated for my hospital room. I am very blessed with great friends and a supportive husband!

No comments: