Monday, September 26, 2005

September 26, 2005
Daddy is ecstatic! Drew said his first real word today. Guess what it was? Yes, it was Daddy! It is no wonder. John has been indoctrinating him to say Daddy since the day he was born. John probably says "Drew, Daddy, Dewalt, Drill, Drimel (sp)" at least 5 times per day. It is very cute!
Drew also said "Uh Oh" yesterday. My mom and I were painting my bedroom and Drew crawled around under our feet saying "Uh Oh." I think his first word was "Uh Oh" because every time he spits up we normally wind up saying ?Uh Oh?. He has probably heard it over a thousand times by now. Speaking of Drew's reflux, we are hoping that he is beginning to grow out of it. The past three days he has not been spitting up quite so much. Tonight I even forgot to give him his medicine and he never fussed. Normally I would know right away when I laid him down. It was so bad that if h e didn?t have his medicine every 12 hours he would start screaming because his throat hurt. The Doctors said he would outgrow it between 6 and 12 months. It would be really nice if we were done with the spitting up. I know I would appreciate not having so much laundry, and I could finally give my carpets a much needed cleaning.
Well off to bed with me, I just wanted to update you on all of Drew's latest developments. It seems like he learns something new every day. This weekend he started navigating the house! He discovered he could crawl anywhere he wanted so off he went to explore. He is especially enjoying chasing the kitties down! He is also enjoying crawling over to the dish washer and playing with the silverware, climbing up mommy's leg, and getting in the standing position all by himself. Now that he is mobile it is a lot harder to get anything done around the house.
Love,
Melissa

No comments: