Thursday, September 15, 2005

September 15, 2005
7 3/4 Months
Hi! I am getting to be such a big boy - this week I moved up to my 6-9 month cloths. Mommy thought that she didn't have many outfits in that size, but then she pulled out the box and looked in a few drawers and discovered she had a lot of cloths! The only problem is that they are all winter cloths and it is still in the 90's here during the day. Today we had a huge storm - it rained and thundered and there was lightening. Daddy took me into the garage and I got to watch. It was so exciting!
I am still working on crawling. I can get across the floor in no time. Mommy and Daddy have to keep an eye on me. Mommy says that I "creep" across the floor more than actually crawl. I need a little more upper body strength.
Intellectually I am learning word meanings like "No" " Yes" "Stay" "Drew" "Mommy" Daddy" and "Happy." Though I can't say any of these words, I now know the meaning of them. When mommy asks me stay I know that I am not supposed to move. I know that when I hear the word "No" I need to stop what I am doing and look at Mommy or Daddy. I also know my name and when I am called I turn in response. I also love to play peek-a-bo! I get so excited. I have also started to hum to music and now I hum when I am getting sleepy. I still love to nap in Mommy and Daddy's closet because it is so dark during the day. I take 2 or 3 naps a day for about 2 hours each. Eventually Daddy is going to put up darkening shades in my room, but he has been very busy in school so they aren't up yet.
I still love to eat anything, and when I say anything I mean anything. I have never refused to eat! Mommy started to give me "biter" biscuits this week. I LOVE THEM! I make such a mess too! I have also started eating little puffs and cheerios. I still don't have any teeth, but I do chew my food with my gums. Mommy doesn't give me bottles anymore because I am a big boy - I can drink from my own sippy cup. I now only nurse about 4 times per day, 2X in the morning, once in the afternoon, and again at night right before bed. I actually don't like to nurse too much because I can eat my cereal much faster and see what is going on around me. Here are a few more things that I have mastered:
I can manipulate objects in my hands and hold my sippy cup properly, sometimes with only one hand
I can lift my cup up at the same time I left my head
I turn and twist my body in all directions
I love to look at objects upside down and create changes in perspective
I can concentrate attention to one thing without getting distracted (especially when it involves food)
I now understand that objects don't always disappear when I can't see them
I can mimic sounds
I have started to think through my actions
I pat at myself in the mirror

I can't believe how much I grow and learn each week!

Loves and Kisses,
Drew

No comments: