Saturday, July 30, 2005

July 30, 2005
For the past three weeks our family has been watching some baby cardinals outside the dining room window. It has been awesome, we have solar screens out front so we can see the birds, but they can't see us. Yesterday I went over to check on the birds and the mother cardinal was encouraging her baby's to come out of the nest. All day long they climbed the branches until finally they all fell out. The rest of the evening they were hopping all over the flower bed trying to get to their mommy. She was flying around them trying to get them to fly. I was a little worried when they ventured over to the neighbors yard, but they all seem to have figured out the art of flying. Last night the next was empty, I was a little sad to see them go. It was so awesome to be able to watch these little baby birds grow up. When I would be nursing Drew in his room I could hear the baby birds cry for their mommy and for food. I thought I was a busy mom, but that mommy had 4 babies and only rested at night. The dad was even helping out some of the time. God's creatures are so amazing. The empty nest reminds me of just how quickly time has gone by. Drew will be out of the house in 17 1/2 more years; how short of a time we have to impact his little life. You can see pictures of the birds, and the cats watching the birds on the photo page.

Love,
Melissa

No comments: