Sunday, July 24, 2005

6 Months Old

July 24, 2005
6 Months Old Already!
Today I am 6 months old! Mommy & Daddy can not believe that I am half a year old. Where has the time gone? I spent the day at church with my friends. Mommy and Daddy had a meeting so I played in the nursery. Everyone always things I am so adorable. I like to smile at people, laugh, and play with toys. I am getting use to going to the nursery and I don't cry anymore when mommy leaves.
I have moved up to the size 3 diapers and weigh almost 15 pounds. I can sit up for up to 20 minutes and grab my passy and put it back in my mouth. I am still in the 10 th percentile for weight and height. I have been eating rice cereal and oatmeal for part of my breakfast and dinner. My reflux is still acting up, but the doctors say I should outgrow it between 6 and 12 months. Mommy will be very glad when I outgrow this, she is really tired of cleaning the carpet, changing me 5-6 times per day, and warning everyone who picks me up that I may puke all over their nice clothes. I am taking two hour naps in the morning and afternoon and I go to sleep around 7:00 pm. I have been sleeping through the night now for over 2 months. I am rolling over both directions all the time and playing with toys is really fun now that I can grab them and put them in my mouth.. I am still in the 3-6 month size cloths, but should move up in a month or two. Lately I have been a little crabby because I am getting some new teeth. Mommy bought me my first toothbrush in anticipation of my first pearly white.
I played at my friend Thomas' house yesterday and really like all his cool toys. He had so many fun electronic toys! Mommy & Daddy bought me a new car seat this week. It is bigger so I can see more when I am in the car and will fit me until I am 40 pounds.
Daddy finished up his Ecology class this past week so he has been able to spend more time with me and mommy. Daddy's new class is English - yuck! He will be graduating this coming September with his AA degree just in time to start his final year and a half at the 4 year university. Daddy is really enjoying his classes and is learning a lot. I can't wait for Daddy to teach me all about rocks when I get bigger.
Mommy has been busy working from home and taking care of me! She really likes playing with me. She likes to read me books and sing to me. I even love to be tossed in the air! I am so attached to mom that I have to know where she is at all times. Mommy things it will be really fun once I can crawl after her! I have learned the word "No" already and have been grabbing everything I can get my hands on, especially plates on the table. I don't like it when mom or dad tells me "no" but have gotten better at obeying. Mom bought me two new bedtime CD's this week and has been having fun singing me new songs. One is a special worship CD that was made just for baby's. The songs are short and repeat the same lines over and over again. Maybe I will start singing along soon. We also have a nest of baby cardinals outside my window. I get to hear them chirp all day long. They don't like it when mommy goes out to water her flowers.
Oh, praise! Mommy's best'est friend Bethany and her husband John are expecting their first baby! They are due in mid February just like when I was suppose to be born last year. I can't wait to have a new friend to play with. When mommy was little, she and Bethany use to dream of living close and raising kids together. It is really sad that we live in Texas and Bethany and John live in Oregon . I hope their first baby is a boy, then we will share the same first name - John! Isn't it funny that both mommy and Bethany married John's and their first born son's are/will be called John?

Well I better go take my nap.
Drew

No comments: