Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I am 5 months old!
June 28, 2005
Mommy is calling me her little inch worm! I have discovered how to inch across the floor! I saw my friend Rachael (who is 6 ½ months) do it on Saturday night and I couldn't let her outdo me. Now I can move about a foot when mommy puts me on the floor.
I have been sleeping through the night now for two weeks. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me.
I am now playing in my activity center more and have discovered how to play with all the fun toys. My favorite is the mirror. Today I was sucking on the big giraffe head and my arms are pretty short so I had to pull it very close towards my mouth. When I let it go it came back and whacked me in the eye. It really hurt and I cried. Daddy picked me up though and made it all better.
Mommy and I have such fun days playing together! We read books and play with my toys in-between my naps. Mommy says that she has the best job in the entire world - being my mommy and daddy's wife. I love her so much that I won't let her get out of my sight. When she leaves the room I start to cry.
Mommy has started teaching me my first bible verse found in Proverbs 4:23. "Above all else, guard your heart, for from it flows the wellspring of life"

I am eating rice cereal or oatmeal for snack each day now. Mommy is teaching me not to grab the spoon or rub my hands in my mouth. I am slowly learning the word "No". I really don't like to hear it! My reflux doesn't really like the other solid foods so mommy is holding off on them for a while. I still nurse every three hours during the day but give mom a nice break between 8:00pm - 5:30 am . Mommy is going to start attending a mom's group once a month at our church called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) . It is open to anyone with kids. Her first meeting is the beginning of July and she can't wait to meet some other mommy's. Other than that mom has been cooking a lot of yummy meals. Mom and dad wanted to get out of the habit of eating out because once I learn to eat it will be very expensive for our family to all eat out. Plus, eating dinner is a great time to talk and enjoy each other's company. The only down side is that mommy is cooking too much good food. We are all gaining a little too much weight. Time to learn how to cook some low fat meals!
Daddy has been very busy with school this past week. He has been studying for his mid term and writing a lot of papers. Daddy is doing such a great job in school! Mommy and I are very proud of him.
Oh, I almost forgot. Mommy has been gardening a lot and has discovered a very large frog that has moved into her flowers out front. He has been seen the past three nights. He is huge! Maybe mom will take some pictures. I wonder if mommy will let me have my first pet?
Well it is time for my nap! I hope everyone is doing well! I am still waiting for my Aunt Julie, Nana Adamson, Grandma Patti, and Grandpa and Grandma Carol to come visit me this summer! I can't wait to show them all how big I've gotten.
Love,
Drew aka John

No comments: