Monday, April 11, 2005

April 11, 2005
Drew is 11 weeks old tonight; he weighs over 11 pounds! As I type, Drew is in his bed crying because he doesn't want to go to sleep. He has been having some difficulties learning how to sleep in his own bed. He only wants to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed or in his swing. We are going to Oregon in a month and I want to get him use to sleeping in new places, so far I haven't had much luck.
We had a fun week around the William's house. We watched daddy work on the shed and mow the lawn. We also went for some fun walks around the neighborhood. The weather has been excellent for outdoor activities. Drew just wishes that the sun were not so bright, he has difficulty adjusting to the sun's brightness. I need to buy him a pair of baby shades! On Sunday, April 10 th Drew rolled over for the first time. I showed him how to roll from his tummy to his back one time, and then he did it himself. It was as if he was telling me he already knew how and did it twice to prove it! However, I got out the camera to videotape this momentous event and he wouldn't perform for the camera. I guess you will have to take my word on it. We also had some friends over this weekend who taught me a thing or two about web page design - hence the scrolling pictures and tunes! We are going camping this coming weekend so I have been trying to get everything put together. Please pray for us and the fellow campers, there are reasons normal people don't take 11 week old baby's camping! What a mess it will be taking Drew camping. Drew is always spitting up his milk all over, last night he even rubbed his hair in it right after I had given him a bath. I will tell you next week how everything goes!
I was studying God's word this week and God planted this verse on my heart.
"But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart, and a good conscience, and a sincere faith."
1 Timothy 1:5
God showed me this verse as a guide in how John and I should raise our son - in purity of heart, humbly kneeling before our Creator asking for God's wisdom and discernment. I am so glad God allowed us to raise a child, in so many ways it resembles our relationship with our Father. My 11 weeks of being a mom has brought me so much closer to God because I can now see like never before how deeply he loves me. There are no words to express how much God loves us, just as there are no words to describe how much I love my "little man."
Well, off to bed with me. I will tell you all how are camping trip went next week!

No comments: