Monday, February 28, 2005

5 Weeks!

February 28, 2005 ~ Today Drew is five weeks old! I can't believe that another week has passed. This week Drew's Grandma Patti visited from Oregon . We all had a great time visiting and enjoying the baby. I especially enjoyed getting some much needed sleep while Grandma enjoyed spending the nights with Drew. Thank you Patti! I must admit though, that by the end of Grandma's visit I had missed spending time with Drew. Her visit helped me appreciate the time God has given to me to spend raising our son, and to make the most of the short time I have to influence his life.
This week Drew started growing up before our very eyes. He is starting to look less and less like a newborn. He has been focusing on things in the house and on the kitty cats. I had him in his room this morning and he looked around like it was the first time he had been in it. He has been focusing on faces and even smiling at me! John crawled into bed this morning, home from a long night shift, and held Drew for a while. He was quiet for a few moments and then said that Drew was looking older, he was no longer a blob, but a baby. John was very proud that Drew recognized his voice. Drew has also been tracking us with his eyes and head. He is often following me with his eyes when he is hungry, just trying to get me to glance his way and recognize his need. What a miracle! We are constantly thanking God for his creation. Drew is such a part of our family; I can't imagine life without him.
Next Sunday, March 6th John and I will be dedicating Drew at our church, First Baptist church Euless . This is a very special time for us as we publicly commit to be Godly examples to our son and raise him in a way pleasing to God. We will be making this promise in front of the congregation of our church as well as friends and family. My dad, sister, and mother in-law will be attending this special service. Please be praying for us as we parent this precious son God has given us. The congregation will also be committing to pray for our son. John and I daily pray for Drew, we ask the Lord to give us wisdom to raise this most precious gift, His son John Andrew, to love and honor Him all the days of his life. May he bring God great glory and honor!
PS - Please keep the guest book comments coming, I love reading them all. I also love all the advice, I am planning on printing them off and making them a part of Drew's baby book.

No comments: