Monday, January 24, 2005

Our Little Preemie Arrived

John Andrew Williams was born on January 24th, 2005 at 35 weeks 4 days. He is a very happy and healthy daddy's boy! The per-eclampsia did indeed get worse, so the doctor sent me immediately over to the hospital for delivery. John's Dad Mike and my Dad Brian were there - how special that Drew's grandpa's were around to meet their first grandson just hours after birth!

 








We were admitted to the hospital around 11:00 am on Monday and Drew arrived at 6:56 pm that same day . I found out that I did indeed inherit the Melville pregnancy genes! Praise the Lord! I had 45 minutes of intense contraction that took me from 6 cm to 10+ cm, and then 10 minutes of pushing. What a huge blessing! Little Drew came out so quickly that the nurse almost delivered the baby. Our wonderful doctor jumped into her scrubs in what seemed about 40 seconds and arrived just in time. Praise the Lord that the baby arrived without any more complications. Thank you all for your fervent prayers! We felt them all and God was so good to answer them. It was not the home birth I wanted, but close to second best. It was a non medicated celebration after months of hard work!

John was such a great husband through the whole process; he was so supportive and never lost his cool! I couldn't have gotten through it without him. I pray little Drew grows up to be just like his daddy.

We arrived home on January 26th around 1:00pm with a clean bill of health. Now reality is going to set in and I can't wait to be useful and active again!

No comments: